Responsibilities for Retail Store Manager:
Retail management involves taking responsibility for the successful running of a store. Working on the shop floor, retail managers are in constant contact with their customers and staff. They are responsible for ensuring their staff gives great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store. The job titles ‘retail manager’ and ‘store manager’ are essentially the same role, so we’ll use them interchangeably in this article. A store manager typically reports to an area manager if their store is part of a chain and, in time, can sometimes progress to become an area manager. Assistant store managers and deputy store managers have many of the same responsibilities and can progress to become store managers.
Retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Candidates will have the most success if they have a background in financial planning, employee recruitment, or retail management. Store Manager responsibilities may include supervising assistant store managers.
Develop business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff
- Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
- Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
- Additional store manager duties as needed
Requirements and skills