Job Summary:The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.