Job responsibilities of Fashion Designer:
We are looking for a Fashion Designer to join our team and oversee the research and production of new clothing lines based on current trends in the market. Traveling to various fashion events and analyzing market data to determine fashion trends. Ultimately, you will work with a team of Designers and Marketers to create exciting clothing products based on seasonal trends.
• Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
• Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
• Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
• Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
• Selecting fabrics and trims.
• Creating production sketches for development packages.
• Collaborating with technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate.
• Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
• Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
Requirements and skills
• Proven work experience as a Fashion Designer or similar role
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator
• Availability to travel for research and product development
• Ability to do sketches by hand
• Excellent design and conceptual skills
• A bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts is preferred
• Relevant training and/or certifications as a Fashion Designer